:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

While I'm somewhat on the topic of former Hayes Bicycle Group employees, I thought I'd share this interesting bit of info that I received via email towards the end of last week.

Brian and I started working together at Hayes nearly the same time, thus becoming friends in the process. After the layoff and not being able to find a suitable job here in the states he decided to continue where he left off, teaching...in Siberia.

Now teaching in its own right is demanding, but moving overseas and committing to something that big is admirable. He did it and is currently doing it in the city of Nefteyugansk, which is in nearly the center of Siberia. Impressive I tell you, impressive.

The following pictures and words are from Brian.


"Yugan River: overlooking the Yugan River from the center of the city. This picture was taken was taken at about 2pm. "


"From Kitchen Window: the view from my kitchen window on a clear day at about 11am. Yup, this is as bright and sunny as it gets! "



"House from Playground: home sweet home.
"
Wondering about the temps there? He said that the lowest its been so far -17F but has been hovering about 32F. I could handle the 32F but the -17F? I'm a wuss below 20F.

No comments: