::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

A quick 2008 year in review. In a oldest to newest format.

-Team:
Adventure 212, Thanks Chris Peariso!
-Contributing members of the cause: Mom and Dad, Brother Jeff and Aunt Sue. Thanks!
-Product sponsors:
Reynolds, Specialized, Oakley,Sram, Hayes, Manitou, and Sun Ringle.
-Turned 25.
-Went on the best snowboard trip of my life with my bro. On the list were Big Sky, Moonlight Basin, Yellowstone Club and Bridger Bowl. Nearly waist deep all week and bell to bell everyday.
-Won my first race. Nova NMBS #2 short track semi pro.
-Finished my senior thesis while being incredibly sick and wiped out from said race above.
-Graduated from Milwaukee Institute of Art + Design with a BFA in industrial design with honors.
-Nearly took the summer off except for working part time at the Hayes Bicycle Group.
-Went to California, crashed but had an otherwise exceptional time due to some super fun teammates.
-Went to Salt Lake City, visited a sponsor, Reynolds Composites, and raced a race. Learned not to be the hole shot hero at altitude and that altitude really hurts.
-Went on a two week road trip with the team to New York and Vermont. Got to know some great people, had an incredible time and once again learned not to be the hole shot hero.
-While on said trip got laid off from Hayes, began looking for that "real job."
-Continued doing my thing, racing, riding and hanging out.
-While doing two of those above, I met an incredible girl.
-Raced Ore to Shore finishing 10th after a early flat.
-Won my second race of the year down at the Palos Meltdown. Prize was a 3ft trophy!
-Had the best/most fun Chequamegon 40 ever, with all 3 Adventure 212 teammates at the front for nearly the entire race. I even took a flier! I finished 8th with Chris in 5th and Mikey in 6th.
-More WORS with my highest finish ever in Shwano with a 3rd, and a great ride/finish at the season closer in Sheboygan. WORS ended with a elite placing of 4th place overall in points.
-Third and final win at the Beechwood Blaster.
-Diagnosed with Mononucleosis. Season ender.
-Off season fun, best ever.
-Helped open Local Motion Outfitters in Cedarburg, Wisconsin.
-Training for 2009. Motivation.

That's pretty much the extent of my 2008 year. I probably missed a few things here and there but off the top of my head that what I've got. If there's something that I forgot and you think its memorable hit me with it.

2009s here in big ways and is looking to top 2008 ten fold. Giddy up.

1 comment:

GARAGE864 said...

LET'S GO SHREDDING MAN....
JC