::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Business, lets get down to it. Two workouts today, one on the trainer early this morn and the other this afternoon outdoors. It was the first time over a month that I've been able to get out and ride in the daylight. I guess that makes up for all the fine rides that I did while not working. No worries though, its all about doing what ya got to do, and I'm doing it, no complaints.

I wasn't all that excited at first to get outdoors and pedal as I feel that I've become a bit of a lightweight in terms of pedaling outdoors, in the cold. Well that changed today. I'm gonna kill it outdoors every chance I get now.


I've talked about Barmitts before, actually right when I received them. I liked the looks of them and they fit perfect, but looks and fit while not riding are a different story. So after looking and thinking how they might work, today I finally got on them. Winter never knew what hit her.

I was only out for 1.5hrs but my hands with light gloves on were really too warm. To warm you say? Yeah, like my paws were in a 450 degree oven. I started with a light wool glove (think spring liner type) for about 30 minutes and the rest of the way I had no gloves on. I couldn't believe it. This is after last winter where I wore a pair of snowboard mittens with the wool gloves and some artificial heaters. Even that didn't keep my hands warm.


I also should point out that while my hands were nice and toasty, they were also very comfortable in the mitts. I thought there might be issues with the levers/shifters and range of motion but frankly there was none, like riding in summer bare handed minus all the winter clothes.

So if I were to need one thing for winters in Wisco these would be it. Hand down best piece of winter gear yet. Man do I like warm hands!

No comments: