Oatmeal.

I could go on and on today about how unbearably cold it is, and how I really am just over winter but lets talk about something else. Let's talk a minute about something delicious. Now I wouldn't consider myself an oatmeal connoisseur but I do like a good breakfast. It's probably my favorite meal of the day. Its really the only meal that can be as sweet as possible without seeming weird. Just think of all the sweet cereals out there. Mmmmm, I could go for something frosty and marshmallowy right now.

So on that subject, my oatmeal this morning was up there with one of my best breakfast's ever. Maybe its the cold or the workout or just looking for something different but cold cereal was out and oatmeal was in. Here's the lowdown:

oats.
blueberries.
cherries.
walnuts.
golden raisins.
peanut butter.
banana.
honey. (For you lightweights just a bit, but I basically drown mine. You can also substitute for agave nectar, cinnamon sugar or brown sugar.)
a marshmallow or two. (they were gone before I took the pic.)
a little bit of love.

That's it, get your breakfast on.

p.s. This breakfast, pending on how big you make it, could fuel you for a week.



1 comment:

Christine said...

That sounds yummy. I'll have to try that.