intermission concluded.

So I think it about time that I reenter the blogging world. Things have been busy and focus was else where. But a recap might be, no, it is, in order.


Cycling, working, airport runs, trips to home in Illinois, packing and moving with more cycling and chilling on the side. That pretty much sums things up. Busy is the word but I'm enjoying it. That's it in a nutshell, but more specifics are in order.


I've made the conscience decision to move out of MKE. My roots were in the city for school and it just happen to be where I've stayed the past year or so since. Its time to move on though. Westward is where I've gone, Madison that is. Here, there's a serious draw, one that outweighs any other options. You know, really nothing could be better. Besides, this is a temporary residence for us, as more moving is on the horizon.

On the cycling front more is happening, as of today I'm on my way to Sea Otter in California. This is the first time ever for me and I'm thrilled. I've got to say thanks to Chris and Michelle Peariso, of Adventure 212 for that one. Which reminds me, a post of the team and it happenings is in order. Soon. Also a new paint job has been completed on my bike. To say it's "sick" or even my favorite adjective, "rad," would be an understatement. Once I get her back and built you'll be the first to see some pics. Training has also been really good also to me this year. I'm feeling stronger and fitter than ever. Motivation, this has been spoke of alot, is again moving me, now to Sea Otter.

The design front has also been interesting. Getting setup as a freelancer has been exciting and trying. I'm learning more and more the deeper I dive. I've got clients(!), work is fun and progress is happening. More on that soon also. I've also been working a couple days a week still at the shop and that looks to continue. While it may not my be all end all goal I enjoy it, the shop and the people that surround it. Lastly, on the work front is an interesting project I've been doing for my former profession back at the Milwaukee Institute of Art+Design. It's easy to say I miss school but really its not the school I miss. It's the eagerness, creativity, freedom and thoughts that move around that school. It's something I never noticed until I was gone.

Well I'll stop right about here. Sorry for the lack of pics. On my rain ride Tuesday I actually had my camera ready to fire but it turns out the battery was dead. It's to bad too because the mist on my mustache was priceless...reminded me of the cool fall mornings and how the dew settles itself on thick blades of grass. aaaahhhhh...