recap.

My first experience at Sea Otter was a pretty unreal one. The festival itself was crazy and I could have spent the week just looking and talking to people about all the new goodies coming out. Really though, I was there to race and the racing was more or less what I expected, hard, really hard. I was nervous about the size and talent of the 150 riders but managed to end up with a pretty solid result all things considered. I'm stoked on being 33rd, better than expected but with a lot of room for improvement.

With the racing complete we made use of the extra day we had in Cali. Monday we headed north up the coast along HWY 1 thru Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay, in record temperatures no less. It was 100 degrees in Santa Cruz! I'm glad all I brought was jeans. Didn't quite make it all the way to San Fran but we'll save that for next time. Beautiful drive with some epic scenery.




With a trip of this proportion there's always thanks to be had. First and foremost, Chris and Michelle Peariso of Adventure 212. Without the backing of the team it wouldn't have been possible. Check out the blog here. My Parents and Aunt Sue, the entire Hayes Bicycle Group for there support at the venue, TJ Woodruff for putting up with my antics and his sage racing advice and all the others that are helping make the season, Ergon, Barmitts, Sram, Oakley Rx, and Specialized. Also a thanks goes out to everyone reading this 'ol spot, the support has been outstanding and the comments awesome and motivating. Lastly of course my love. How is it possible you made me want to be home with you and not it Cali?

Gonna be back at it again this weekend. Something new for Chris and I. Cohutta 100 down south in Tennessee. Am I going for 100? Hell no, 65 will be a nice opener for me. Chris is tackling the 100 though, thats nuts...

No comments: