short visit.

The whip was pointed east yesterday morning. MKE called and I had to answer. A bit of on and off mist and little traffic made for easy yet boring driving.

Upon entering the city I promptly drove straight thru it and headed North to Cedarburg to visit the old shop. I've gotta tell ya, it's really always warming to go back. I honestly believe this might be the best shop I've ever had the pleasure of, not only working at but just visiting. Since my last visit things have busied even more. New employees and nearly double the amount of bike/kayak/rental fleet/service equipment/work really keeps them on a tight schedule. What I love though, even with that amount of hustle and bustle, it doesn't feel like it. There's always a calming to the store. Point in case, just as I walked in to the store, Ed the owner and Sammy (Ed's dog), were on their way out for a walk. Always one to enjoy a quick stroll I joined them and we made our way around Cedarburg. The shop is on the up and up...and up and up an up...If you haven't taken a stop in yet you need to. It's different from any bike shop you've ever been to. Local Motion Outfitters.

After that lovely visit I cruised back thru the fog and mist into downtown. This time to meet up with my ma, who had come up from Illinois, for a perfect lunch at an old favorite. Chit chatting and discussing life was punctuated by some damn fine food and an all around very enjoyable time. I can't wait to do it again.

The drive home seemed faster than on the way but I know the times were similar. Either way, a nice evening of bike riding ensued making it one fine day.

On the calender this weekend? WORS numero dos. It's a drive but I'm looking to cram as many early races in as I can. There won't be many happening towards the end...


1 comment:

Picco said...

Good luck and go get em